Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: American Turnaround: Reinventing AT&T and GM and the Way We Do Business in the USA - eBook|
By: Edward Whitacre, Leslie Cauley
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Business Plus
|Publication Date: 2013|
Stock No: WW28335EB
It was President Obama who reached out to Ed Whitacre to come out of retirement and take over GM in 2009. A down-to-earth, no-nonsense Texas native with a distinctive Texas twang in his voice, Whitacre was reluctant to come out of retirement to work at GM.
But Whitacre is that rare CEO with great charisma and extraordinary management instincts. And when he got to Detroit, he started to whittle down the corporate bureaucracy right away - and got GM back on track in record time.
Before being pulled out of retirement to run GM by Obama, Ed Whitacre had spent his entire corporate career in the telecom business, where he ultimately ended up running AT&T.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Leadership Skills
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Business & Careers >> Leadership Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.