Add To Cart
American History is a rigorous, classical approach to history with an emphasis on analysis and independent thinking. High school students will develop their Christian worldview while studying the political and faith perspectives which have impacted American history and culture.
The course will take approximately 20-30 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week. Designed for grades 9-12 in a one-year history course. Can be combined with Stobaugh's literature curriculum for an integrated history/literature course.Contents cover: the Natives of the New World, Pilgrims and Puritans, Colonial Life, Causes of the American Revolution, U.S. Constitution, Age of Reform, Antebellum Slavery, Revivalism, the American Civil War, Reconstruction, Immigration, the Wild West, the World Wars, the Vietnam War, African American History, and the War on Terrorism.
Your student will develop an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events through the use of:
- Critical thinking questions based roughly on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Examinations of historical theories surrounding a period or topic
- Clarified terms, concepts, and theories to be learned
- History makers who clearly changed the course of history
- Overviews and insights into world views
The teacher's guide includes:
- A convenient Daily Schedule
- Perforated, three-hole punched assignments
- Student worksheets, critical thinking questions, and exams
- Answer keys with grading criteria
- Learning objectives
- Short essay questions to help the student comprehend and apply the information presented
This kit includes:
- American History Student Book
- American History Teacher Guide
|Title: American History: Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today, Student Book & Teacher Guide|
By: James Stobaugh
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2020
Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 (inches)
|Weight: 4 pounds 6 ounces|
Series: High School History
Stock No: WW442399
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.