Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Focusing on actual skills rather than abstract rules, grammar is taught in the context of writing as students follow in the footsteps of literary giants. Each week features a new author: Columbus, Bradford, Winthrop, Bradstreet, Rowlandson, Mather, Edwards, Franklin, Adams, Paine, Jefferson, Wheatly, Irving, Emerson, Longfellow, Hawthorne, Poe, Dickenson, and other classic American authors each have a week's lessons that include five to six different areas:
- "Background Checks" about the author
- "Words to Know" that need to be defined.
- "Literary Analysis" that covers literary terms that are tested every 6 weeks
- "Critical Reading" sections includes questions about each passage
- "Make it Real" applies learned skills to what students already know
- "Culminating Activities" that are given at the end of the week to help students master lessons.
- "Writing Assignments" that are given every two weeks and related to literary passages and authors; a research paper is given for the last half of the year. Word lists, tips for students with different learning styles, and other helps are included. 240 pages, softcover. Grades 8-12. This course is designed to take one year.Covers 1500-1860.
Vendor: Diagnostic Prescriptive
Publication Date: 2012
Read with the Best: American Literature Volume 1 1500- 1860 Teacher's EditionJill J. DixonDiagnostic Prescriptive / 2012 / Trade Paperback$33.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$35.95Save 5% ($1.96)
Write With The Best: Modeling Writing after Great Works of World Literature, Volume 1 (Grades 3-12)Jill J. DixonDiagnostic Prescriptive / 2001 / Trade Paperback$22.89 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$24.95Save 8% ($2.06)
Write With The Best: Modeling Writing after Great Authors of World Literature, Volume 2 (Grades 6-12)Jill J. DixonDiagnostic Prescriptive / 2003 / Trade Paperback$27.89 Retail:
$29.95Save 7% ($2.06)
Lifepac Electives: American Literature Complete SetAlpha Omega Publications / 2000 / Other$49.46 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$54.95Save 10% ($5.49)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.