Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
New American Bible Imitation Leather, Padded Hardcover, Black
The New American Bible revised edition is more than a mere Bible translation. Authorized by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine and approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the New American Bible seeks to provide the best resource for understanding the church's sacred Scripture.
To begin with, the translation beautifully and accurately conveys the word of God in English, using the most recent scholarly resources available and translating directly from the original languages. While the Bible plays a central role in the church's life, it is also important to remember that it is an ancient book written over several centuries. It carries a rich tradition of interpretation over even more centuries.
That is why the many scholars and church teachers who worked years on this project did more than provide a clear and accessible translation; they also sought to provide additional help and guidance for those who truly want to understand what they are reading:
- Each book of the Bible begins with an introduction, providing the historical context of the work, its literary style, its main themes, its use in the history of the church, as well as an outline of the contents.
- As you read the Scriptures, notes have been provided at the bottom of the page offering explanations for particular passages, terms, and concepts.
- Since Scripture often refers to itself, a system of cross-references are provided so you can see where else historical figures, particular stories, or similar concepts are also treated in the Bible.
- At the end of the Bible, sixteen pages of color maps with index are provided to help orient the Bible's stories in their geographical context.
Additional features include:
- Officially approved translation and resource for understanding Holy Scripture
- Up-to-date revisions by scholars covering the latest findings in archaeology and biblical studies
- Durable, leather-like binding
- Fine Bible paper to maximize readability
- Presentation pages for gift-giving
- 8-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.50" x 1.50"
|Title: New American Bible Imitation Leather, Padded Hardcover, Black|
By: Harper Bibles
Number of Pages: 1600
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.50 X 1.50 (inches)
Weight: 2 pounds 9 ounces
|Text Color: Red Letter|
Text Size: 8 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
Stock No: WW224019
Catholic Bible Press / 2012 / HardcoverOur Price$19.494.5 out of 5 stars for New American Bible, Revised Edition,. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$29.99Save 35% ($10.50)
Catholic Bible Press / 2012 / Imitation LeatherOur Price$25.994.5 out of 5 stars for New American Bible, Imitation Leather, Black, Revised Edition. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$39.99Save 35% ($14.00)
Confraternity of Christian DoctrineSaint Benedict Press / 2011 / HardcoverOur Price$31.462.5 out of 5 stars for New American Bible, Revised Edition, Burgundy, Hardcover. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$34.95Save 10% ($3.49)
Paulist PressPaulist Press / 2011 / Bonded LeatherOur Price$41.994.5 out of 5 stars for Catholic Prayer Bible, the (NRSV): Lectio Divina Edition; Deluxe. View reviews of this product. 6 Reviews
Retail Price$54.95Save 24% ($12.96)
The highly anticipated revised edition of The New American Bible (NABRE) is the culmination of years of work by hundreds of scholars, theologians, and bishops. The completely revised translation showcases the latest biblical scholarship, archaeological discoveries, and updated language for readability and accuracy of the original text. Scripture is deeply rooted in the Churchs worship and for its expanded use in your own personal study. Allow Gods inspired Word to provide guidance in your daily life. Features Include: • Officially approved Catholic translation and resource for understanding Holy Scripture • Up-to-date revisions by scholars covering the latest findings in archaeology and biblical studies • Introductions and outlines provide literary, historical, and cultural background for each book of the Bible • Thousands of in-text study notes explain what you are reading • 16 pages of full-color maps • Fine Bible paper to maximize readability and a beautiful two-color design • Presentation page for gift-giving
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.