Add To Cart
Now revised and expanded, Rea and Joshua Berg's award-winning Early American History: A Literature Approach for Intermediate Grades features full-color pages plus additional books, resources, activities, comprehension questions, and web links.
Covering 1000 AD through the mid-1880s, this Charlotte Mason-based guide will introduce students in 4th-6th grade to the exploration of America, colonization, the American Revolution, and Western Expansion.
Based upon living books, parents read literature (sold-separately) from great authors such as the D'Aulaires, Elizabeth Yates, Carl Sandburg, Jeri Ferris, and others while following the lesson plans in this convenient guide. Organized into easily followed, simple, bullet-point lessons, students will learn the history of America along with corresponding biblical principles, poetry, geography, character studies and more! Students will complete a separate notebook where their reports, poetry, copy work, and other written work is kept. Though designed as a one-year course, it can be stretched to two years, depending on your pace. Contains 103 lessons and it is suggested that 2-3 lessons be completed each week.
41 full-color pages, softcover. Non-reproducible, non-consumable resource. All required books sold -separately. Answer key included.
Required Literature List:
By the d'Aulaires:
- A Child's First Book of American History by Earl Schenck Miers
- The Vikings by Elizabeth Janeway
- William Bradford, Pilgrim Boy by Bradford Smith
- The Landing of the Pilgrims by James Daugherty
- Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates
- America's Paul Revere by Esther Forbes
- The Life of Washington by Josephine Pollard
- A More Perfect Union by Betsy and Giulio Maestro
- Path to the Pacific: The Story of Sacagawea by Neta Lohnes Frazier
- The Lewis and Clark Expedition Coloring Book by Peter F. Copeland
- Abe Lincoln Grows Up by Carl Sandburg
- Go Free or Die by Jeri Ferris
- Walking the Road to Freedom by Jeri Ferris
- Early American History Time Line from Beautiful Feet Books
- Your Story Hour Intermediate CD Set
Additional recommended (not required) resources:
- America's Providential History by Steven McDowell and Mark Beliles
- Guns for General Washington: A Story of the American Revolution by Seymour Reit
- The Winter at Valley Forge by James Knight
- Of Courage Undaunted by James Daugherty
- The Boy Who Drew Birds: A Story of John James Audubon
- The Amazing Impossible Erie Canal by Cheryl Harness
Early American History, A Literature Approach for Intermediate Grades
By: Rea Berg, Joshua Berg
Number of Pages: 41
Vendor: Beautiful Feet Books
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 (inches)|
Weight: 6 ounces
Stock No: WW313528
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.