American Dream 2.0: A Christian Way Out of the Great Recession - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
The promise of America has always been creative potential: enterprise, industry, optimism, idealism, and hope. This promise, known since the beginning of the New World and named since the Great Depression as the American Dream, is what makes immigrants cry at the base of the Statue of Liberty. But there is a dark side to the American Dream, tooone that we dont talk about much in polite company. A side characterized by the exploitation and domination of subjected people.
The national climate has caused many to question the validity of the American Dream, and whether it even offers a viable vision for the nation. There are few greater questions to ask. Our collective future depends on a common vision. If the American Dream is dead, then what happens next?
This book evaluates the American Dream, establishes its roots, gives reasons for its decline, and offers solutions to reclaim the promise of the American Dream that is more aligned with Jesus vision of the kingdom of God and Martin Luther King Jr s vision of the Beloved Community. Our challenge is to develop a redesigned American Dream, a sustainable future for all, free from exploitation and domination of subjected people.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Current Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> US History >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History