American Commencement - eBook
- All Products
- Church History× (1,183)
- American Religious History
- Ancient Writings of the Early Church
- Art & Architecture
- Awakenings & Revivals
- Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Church History Surveys
- General Church History Studies
- Historical Theology
- History of Missions
- History of Preaching
- History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- History of Worship
- Medieval Studies
- Movements & Traditions
- NT History
- OT History
- Post-Apostolic & Patristic Studies
- Puritan Studies
- Reference Works
- Reformation Studies
- Significant People & Events
- Church History× (1,183)
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2011
For graduates whose foremost question is likely, "What comes next?" esteemed educator and constitutional lawyer Michael Farris gathers historic commencement speeches from the early days of America, an era marked by great dreams and much uncertainty. "I believe that these speeches possess timeless qualities. And there is absolutely no doubt that America needs future leaders whose character and convictions parallel those of these early American graduates," writes Farris in American Commencement. Farris adds an introduction to each of these seventeen speeches plus a biography for every speaker. They include: Samuel Davies: "Heroes Who Inspire" John Witherspoon: "Principles of Greatness" Chauncey Whittlesey: "Sowing and Reaping" William Smith: "Consecrated to God" Barnabas Binney: "On Religious Liberty" John Wheelock: "The Value of Art" Josiah Stebbins: "The Importance of Character" Paul Allen: "The Call to Patriotism" Benjamin Allen: "Battle for Truth" Timothy Dwight: "The Folly of Intellectualism" David Tappan: "A Discourse on Liberty" Jonathan Maxcy: "Attack on Atheism" Otis Thompson: "On Religion and Government" Asa Messer: "In Defense of the Bible" Jedidiah Morse: "A Faithful Guide" Ebenezer Fitch: "Truth versus Reason"
Tristam Burges: "A Time to Fight"
Michael Farris is chairman and general counsel of the Home School Legal Defense Association and chancellor of Patrick Henry College where students are trained to impact the world "for Christ and for Liberty." He is a constitutional lawyer, a leading pro-family activist on Capitol Hill, and an ordained minister whom Education Week named among the "Top 100 Faces in Education." Farris and his wife have ten children and ten grandchildren.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
SuzyShakopee, MinnesotaAge: Over 65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5May 10, 2011SuzyShakopee, MinnesotaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Interesting book. The speeches reveal many educational ideas and philosophies that no longer are practiced. Some were good, and some were not !!
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> High School/College
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> High School/College
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> High School/College
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth