This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
The Essential Dictionary for Every School, College, Office, and HomeWith More Than 16 Million Copies In Print!
Inside The New American Webster Handy College Dictionary youll find more features than any other pocket dictionary, including:
• Boxed inserts on etymologies and language usage
• Pronunciation key on each page
• Current phrases, slang, and scientific terms
• Special notes on word origins
• World gazetteer
• Tables of weights and measurements
• Languages and language families
• Tables of signs and symbols
• Forms of address
• Comprehensive listing of abbreviations
With highly readable type, clear, precise definitions, and easy-to-follow advice on correct usage and grammar, this handy dictionary is the worlds most authoritative tool for mastering the English language.
Philip D. Morehead is the editor of The New American Webster Handy College Dictionary and The New American Rogets College Thesaurus and the author of the New American Crossword Puzzle Dictionary and The New American International Dictionary of Music. He is the son of late lexicographer and games expert Albert H. Morehead, the original co-editor of this book, who was the Bridge Editor of the New York Times for over 25 years and the editor of many books on games.