Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Amazing Grace Addiction Bible Study - eBook|
By: Michael K. Mason
Format: DRM Free ePub
Vendor: WestBow Press
|Publication Date: 2016|
Stock No: WW87916EB
The current success rate for addiction treatment is less than 30 percent, which means that 7 out of 10 recovering addicts are not being cured of the so-called disease of addiction. Why doesnt treatment work? The answer is simple - addiction is not a disease. In fact, the mainstream mythology of Once and addict, always and addict falls apart upon close inspection. Therefore addictive behaviors must be evaluated within the context of not sickness but sin. Through the study of the Bible, so-called addicts can learn how to achieve forgiveness of their sins and deliverance from their addictions by offering their hearts, minds, and bodies to Jesus Christ. They can then be taught how to take advantage of the powerful indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit to wage war against their persistent addictive thoughts. Ultimately, this study has been designed to help substance abusers to focus their minds on God (instead of chemicals) in order to subdue their stubborn cravings for the seductive forbidden fruit of intoxication.
Michael K. Mason is a freelance writer, counselor, and ordained minister from Tupelo, Mississippi. He holds a Bachelors Degree from Syracuse University and served for years on the staff of the misdemeanor drug court program in Lee County, Mississippi. He is the author of a book entitled, Addiction and God: Reconciling Science with the Spirit. He is also the founder of North Mississippi Christian Charities, a philanthropic organization that provides addiction counseling services and subsistence support to local families in need.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Overcoming
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Overcoming
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery