- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Thessalonians
- 2 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- 3 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Grade Level▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In Amazed and Confused, Heather Zembel explores the book of the minor prophet Habakkuk, addressing the often asked question, "Why would a good God allow bad things to happen to good people?" If you've ever struggled with why the answers to your prayers sometimes seem contrary to your image of God, this interactive Bible study will answer some of your confusion. eBook version.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2014
Most people have prayed for something or someone in earnest, seeking Gods will, only to be left confused by Gods response. Sometimes we ask, "Why would a good God allow bad things to happen to good people?" In Amazed and Confused, Heather Zempel tackles this question head-on by exploring the book of Habakkuk.
When the prophet Habakkuk prayed that God would bring change to the backsliding nation of Israel, this issue came to the forefront. Habakkuk begged God for revival and that He would turn the hearts of faithless people back to Him.
Gods answer to Habakkuk was, "Take a look at the nations and watch what happens! You will be shocked and amazed" (1:5, The Voice). The vision God gave Habakkuk was one of warfare and exile. How do you respond when God answers your prayers in a way that seems out of line with his character and promises?
Amazed and Confused proceeds systematically through the book of Habakkuk, exploring the prophets prayer, Gods response, and the prophets journey from confusion to worship. This interactive Bible study is the perfect choice for those who are hurting and confused about Gods responses to their prayers.
- Helpful guidance on a question without an easy answer
- Practical tools for studying the Minor Prophets
- Easy-to-understand, accessible language
lcjohnson1988IndianaAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5March 15, 2014lcjohnson1988IndianaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." (Habakkuk 1:5 NIV)
When life happens in a way other than what we hope or expected, usually the first response is shock or disbelief. No matter the time that passes we usually call on our closest friend, relative or church to begin supplication for us, others or both. Yet, how do we respond when God answers differently than what we think we know about Him or what has been read in the Bible?
In this particular study, women will go through the Old Testament book of Habakkuk who was a prophet to ancient Israel. We will learn, if we are willing to be transparent, about prayer in times of confusion and pain, bringing us to a place where we see just how big God is. The chapters share the author's thoughts followed by questions that help us seek answers in the Word and also share our inmost heart.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible