Add To Cart
With the honesty of a close friend, the hilarity of a late-night comic, and the humility of a mom up to her eyeballs in diapers and dishes, Courtney Ellis invites us on a journey to draw closer God amid the joyful, mundane, exhausting days of young parenthood. Probing ancient Christian practices for renewal, Almost Holy Mama: Life-Giving Spiritual Practices for Weary Parents chronicles one mom’s quest to discover an answer to her most pressing question: Can God use the crucible of parenthood to grow us in virtue?
From studying Scripture in the shower to listening in prayer at the foot of Laundry Mountain to being forced into the discipline of stillness by a rough pregnancy, Ellis finds that meeting God in sacred disciplines can breathe new life into one of life’s most joy-filled and trying seasons.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Running on Empty, Longing for More
- Car Rides & Contemplation - Finding Jesus on the Freeways
- Sleepytime & Service - Sacrificial Love at the End of a Long Day
- Eating & the Examen - Finding God at the Dinner Table
- Laundry & Listening Prayer - Because Sometimes the Voice of God Sounds a Lot like the Dryer
- Showering with Scripture - Wash over Me, Lord
- Fasting from Facebook - Giving Up to Gain
- Suffering & Stillness - Because Sometimes All You Can Do Is Nothing
- Getting Ready with Gratitude - Thanksgiving amid Chaos
- Travel & Pilgrimage - Going Away and Coming Home
- Ceasing & Celebration - Discovering the Playful God
- Almost Holy, Fully Loved - Where Do We Go from Here?
|Title: Almost Holy Mama: Life-Giving Spiritual Practices for Weary Parents|
By: Courtney Ellis
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Rose Publishing
|Publication Date: 2019|
Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)
Weight: 13 ounces
Stock No: WW627912X