In this definitive, prescriptive guide to all aspects of aging, theauthors-both top experts on aging at Harvard Medical School-offer acomplete and highly accessible reference focused on the physicaland emotional issues that affect seniors and their loved ones. Hereis invaluable advice on a range of topics, from lifestyle choicesto retirement and insurance options to coping with loss and otherlife concerns. Aging Well addresses such increasingly importantsubjects as:
* Safety risks associated with growing older
* Alternative medicine and the right questions to ask
* Assisting aging parents and other challenges of the "sandwichgeneration"
* Mail-order products for seniors
* Healthy-aging research and potential therapies
* How to optimize and strengthen your health if your body isaffected by illness or disease
Aging Well contains what you need to know to help you and yourloved ones live fuller, healthier lives, whether you're 40, 50, orolder-because aging well is living well.