In this definitive, prescriptive guide to all aspects of aging, the authors-both top experts on aging at Harvard Medical School-offer a complete and highly accessible reference focused on the physical and emotional issues that affect seniors and their loved ones. Here is invaluable advice on a range of topics, from lifestyle choices to retirement and insurance options to coping with loss and other life concerns. Aging Well addresses such increasingly important subjects as:
* Safety risks associated with growing older
* Alternative medicine and the right questions to ask
* Assisting aging parents and other challenges of the "sandwich generation"
* Mail-order products for seniors
* Healthy-aging research and potential therapies
* How to optimize and strengthen your health if your body is affected by illness or disease
Aging Well contains what you need to know to help you and your loved ones live fuller, healthier lives, whether you're 40, 50, or older-because aging well is living well.