An essential relocation guide refreshed and updated for todays movers.
More than 34 million Americans move each year, and studies show it can be one of the heaviest strains on a marriage. For women especially, relocating can be a traumatic event. With true stories, ingenious insights, and helpful hints, this great book makes transitioning smoother so women can get on with their lives. Those who are moving will find this valuable book as important as packing tape. Divided into three sections, After the Boxes are Unpacked
helps recent movers focus on letting go of their past, starting over, and moving ahead. Topics include the following:
- How to manage the emotional stress of leaving family and friends
- How to support your spouse through a relocation
- How to build new relationships in a new city
- How to help children adjust to new surroundings and make friends
- How to find a new church home
- How to navigate financial challenges related to moving
- How to discover Gods will for you and your family in a new city
This evergreen book has been a staple for movers for 20 years and has been extensively refreshed with additional content for todays movers.
Susan is doing a tremendous job of helping women deal with the trauma of transition. This resource will help anyone who wants to move ahead in a healthy way after theyve experienced a move. I highly recommend this book. John Trent, PhD, President of StrongFamilies.com