Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Tite Tiénou, Ph.D. (Fuller Theological Seminary)
Senior Vice President of Education,
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
With the broad expansion of Christianity in Africa, the African Church and African theology should be understood by us all. The lecturer examines Christian theological formation in Africa against the background of African cultures and religions and in light of its contemporary context. Students explore ways to study and understand Africa and they review the factors that led to the debate on Christian theologizing in Africa. Throughout the course, descriptions and analyses of African religions are provided.
Upon completion of your study, you should be able to do the following:
- Sketch the history and development of African Christian theology.
- Examine specific African proposals for African theology.
- Comprehend the major issues in the study of African religions.
- Ascertain what lessons can be learned from Africa by the rest of the worldwide Christian church.
- Appreciate the continent of Africa and its fertile spiritual soil.
- General Introduction
- Africa and Christianity: Historical Overview
- The Quest for Identity in Africa
- The Study of African Religions
- The Structure of African Religions
- The Nature of Theism in African Religions
- Man in African Cultures and Religions
- Christianity and African Cultures/Religions
- Nineteenth Century Visionaries: Agbebi and Hughes
- Roots and Birth of African Christian Theology
- The Concept of African Theology
- Methodological Issues in African Theology
- Biblical Hermeneutics and African Theologies
- Major Themes of African Christian Theologies
- Christology Through African Eyes
- Ecclesiology in African Theology
- Prayer in African Christianity
- Eschatology in African Theology
- The Question of Syncretism
- The Contribution of Independent Churches
- Evangelicalism and African Christian Theology
- African Christianity and the Critics
- African Theology and Post-Independent Africa
- Theology of Mission in African Theology
|Format: Compact disc|
|Publication Date: 2014|