We Too Stand: A call for the African-American church to support the Jewish State - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
There is an overwhelming stirring in the black community to stand with and support Israel.
Generations of African American Christians have had a biblical allegiance to the Jewish people but without a clear understanding of why this is so important or a practical plan for how to help Israel. African Americans can identify with the pain and plight of a people dislocated, disenfranchised, and disheartened. Yet it is the Jewish community that has supported the African American community during some of its most challenging times. In fact, did you know that a disproportionate number of non-blacks who marched during the civil rights movement of the 1960s were Jewish?We Too Stand seeks to enlighten and educate African American churches and communities across the country about the importance of supporting Israel. This book will serve as a comprehensive study for any African American church setting regardless of denomination. We Too Stand will be important to African American churches and the Jewish community at large, as it will seek to build bridges of commonality and cultural appreciation.
Michael A. Stevens Sr. is an author and the senior pastor of the University City Church located in Charlotte, NC, and is the National African-American Outreach Coordinator for Christians United For Israel (CUFI), Americas largest and fastest-growing pro-Israel organization comprised of more than 600,000 members. He has a BS in political studies from North Carolina A&T State University and a masters of practical theology from Oral Roberts University.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral