- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
The Apostles' Creed is the oldest, most beautiful succinct summary of Christian beliefs. Though often recited in unison during worship services, the creed begins with the phrase "I believe," making it a deeply personal profession of faith. But when was the last time you examined it closely?
In Affirming the Apostles' Creed, an excerpt from Growing in Christ, noted Bible scholar and author J. I. Packer explains the meaning and implications of each phrase of this great creed. Each concise chapter serves as an invitation to dive further into the creed-and as a result, into the essentials of the Christian faith-by concluding with discussion questions and Bible passages for further study.
J. I. Packer (DPhil, Oxford University) serves as the Board of Governors Professor of Theology at Regent College. He is the author of numerous books, including the classic best-seller Knowing God. Packer served as general editor for the English Standard Version Bible and as theological editor for the ESV Study Bible.
thetheologianTexasAge: 25-34Gender: Male3 Stars Out Of 5Evangelical Presuppositional ApologeticsNovember 21, 2016thetheologianTexasAge: 25-34Gender: MaleQuality: 3Value: 3Meets Expectations: 3Like Packer, I am an Anglican. This book is clearly designed to be a supplement to the catechism. It's alright through the first several chapters, although wanting in a few of the discussions of the godhead. However, Packer cannot help himself when he sees a chance to take a swipe at Catholics and does so at every opportunity. Also, he allows his reformed bias to color a few of the discussions. This book could serve as a useful outline and even base with a bit of rewriting by a motivated pastor.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living