Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Aesop's Fables - eBook|
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
Publication Date: 2014
Stock No: WW69999EB
Aesops Fables is a collection of stories attributed to Aesop (c. 620-560 BCE), thought to have been a slave in ancient Greece. Aesops fables are generally short, feature animals talking and acting like humans, and are instructive, typically ending with a moral lesson.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
Aesop (Aesopus) was an ancient Greek storyteller believed to have lived circa 620–564 BCE. Although there is no formal documentation of his existence, Greek historians Aristotle and Herodotus portray Aesop as a slave who was freed after acting as an advocate for a wealthy Samian. No written works directly attributed to Aesop remain, and the fables he is credited as writing were collected both over a vast period of time and in many languages. The date of Aesop’s death is unknown, although many written stories, including those from Plutarch, claim that he was executed by the Delphians while attending to diplomatic matters in Delphi.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Fairytales Fables & Mythology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Children's Books
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Fairy Tales & Folk Tales
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Fairytales Fables & Mythology