Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Adult Bible Studies Winter 2015-2016 Teacher - eBook|
By: Martha Myre
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2015
Stock No: WW76092EB
Sacred Gifts and Holy Gatherings
This winter, lessons in Adult Bible Studies Teacher follow the theme, "Sacred Gifts and Holy Gatherings." The student book writer is Chuck Aaron; Martha Myre is the writer for the teacher book.
What We Bring to God
The quarters first four lessons explore the concepts of sabbath, giving offerings, celebrations, and giving from the heart by examining biblical texts from Exodus, Leviticus, Luke, Matthew, and Mark.
- The Lords Day (Exodus 20:8-11; 31:12-16)
- Acceptable Offerings (Leviticus 22:17-25, 31-33)
- Dedication of Firstborn (Exodus 13:13-15; Luke 2:22-32)
- A Generous Gift (Matthew 23:2-12; Mark 12:38-44)
Four Weddings and a Funeral
The first lesson in this unit reviews the relationship between Jacob and Rachel from the Book of Genesis, followed by a lesson from the Song of Solomon. The third lesson examines the relationship between Hosea and Gomer and deals with broken relationships, while the following lesson takes us to the Gospel of John and Jesus miracle at the wedding in Cana. The final lesson in this unit, again from Johns Gospel, deals with the death of Jesus dear friend Lazarus.
- A Bride Worth Waiting For (Genesis 29:15-30)
- The Most Beautiful Bride (Song of Songs 6:4-12)
- An Unfaithful Bride (Hosea 1)
- A Wedding in Cana (John 2:1-12)
- The Death of a Friend (John 11:38-44)
The four lessons that conclude this quarters study examine the holy days of Passover, celebrating Gods deliverance of the people as recorded in Exodus;and the Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost; the Day of Atonement;and the Festival of Booths, described in Leviticus.
- Passover (Exodus 12:1-14)
- Feast of Weeks (Leviticus 23:15-22)
- Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16:11-19)
- The Feast of Booths (Leviticus 23:33-43)
Developed for use with the student book based on the Uniform Series, this leader resource provides a wealth of information, planning ideas, and lesson guides for each of the 13 lessons in the quarter. This resource includes detailed study of the biblical text, suggestions for developing lessons, teaching options, maps, and charts. It features articles that explore biblical themes related to the passages studied in the lessons. Available in regular print, as a downloadable file or an eBook.