- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Thessalonians
- 2 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- 3 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Gods Prophets Demand Justice
This summer, lessons in ADULT BIBLE STUDIES follow the theme "Gods Prophets Demand Justice." The student book writer is Sarah McGiverin. Stan Purdum is the writer for the teacher book.
Amos Rails Against Injustice
The four lessons in this unit come from the Book of Amos. The first lesson focuses on knowing right from wrong and choosing wrong. Lesson 2 deals with attempts to hide injustice. Lesson 3 focuses on the injustice of greed and selfishness, while Lesson 4 deals with failure to heed warnings to end injustice.
- Judgment on Israel and Judah (Amos 2:4-8)
- God Is Not Fooled (Amos 5:14-15, 18-27)
- Rebuked for Selfishness (Amos 6:2-8, 11-14)
- God Will Never Forget (Amos 8:1-6, 9-10)
Micah Calls for Justice Among Unjust People
The first lesson in this four-lesson unit from Micah focuses on social and moral injustice. Lesson 2 deals with the injustice of corrupt leaders. The last two lessons examine what God requires for justice and how God dispenses mercy to restore justice.
- No Rest for the Wicked (Micah 2:4-11)
- No Tolerance for Corrupt Leaders and Prophets (Micah 3:5-12)
- Justice, Love, and Humility (Micah 6:3-8)
- God Shows Clemency (Micah 7:14-20)
Advocates of Justice for All
The final unit this quarter offers five lessons from five different biblical prophets. Lesson 1 features Isaiahs prophecies that God will come as a redeemer bringing righteousness and justice to Israel. Lesson 2 focuses on Jeremiahs description of corruption in the Temple as a choice to do good or bad, resulting in Gods blessing or punishment. In Lesson 3, the focus is on Ezekiels call for confession and repentance in order to build a healthy faith community. Lesson 4 features Zechariahs words on Gods clear instruction for showing kindness, mercy, and justice to others. Finally, Lesson 5 examines Malachis efforts to inform the people that God requires justice and faithfulness and will bestow bountiful blessings in proportion to what they were willing to give.
- Our Redeemer Comes (Isaiah 59:15-21)
- A Choice to Be Just (Jeremiah 7:1-15)
- A Call for Repentance (Ezekiel 18:1-13, 31-32)
- God Demands Justice (Zechariah 7:8-14)
- Return to a Just God (Malachi 3:1-10)
Developed for use with the student book based on the Uniform Series, this leader resource provides a wealth of information, planning ideas, and lesson guides for each of the 13 lessons in the quarter. This resource includes detailed study of the biblical text, suggestions for developing lessons, teaching options, maps, and charts. It features articles that explore biblical themes related to the passages studied in the lessons. Available in regular print, as a downloadable file or an eBook.
About the Series
Hundreds of thousands of students and teachers use ADULT BIBLE STUDIES each week in Sunday school classes, mid-week Bible studies, and other small group settings. Bible-based and Christ-focused, it is an approved resource by the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church. It is published quarterly.
Each weeks lesson features:
- A purpose statement offering focus and direction for the lesson.
- Printed biblical text from The Common English Bible.
- Reliable and relevant biblical explanation and application.
- A closing prayer, guiding personal commitment.
Free Extras! All found at adultbiblestudies.com
Free supplemental resources related to each lesson enhance teacher preparation and small group participation.
Current Events Supplement
The free Current Events Supplement offers a way to connect each weeks lesson to a timely event or topic in the news. The supplements can enhance all resources using the Uniform Series.
Register for the Forums at adultbiblestudies.com, and you can post and read comments about the lessons from other readers.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Leader's Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Summer
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School