Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2019
Discipleship and Mission
This spring, our lessons survey several calls to ministry and the expectations of those called. Several of the lessons highlight calls to service as recorded in the Gospels of Mark and Luke. We explore Paul's call to ministry, with special attention to the Roman church. On Easter Sunday, we examine Matthew's account of the Resurrection. The student book writer is Taylor Mills; the teacher book writer is Gary Thompson.
Call to Discipleship
Deuteronomy 6:1-9 | Joshua 24:1-3, 13-15, 21-24 | Psalm 103:1-17, 21-22 | Luke 1:26-31; 2:22, 25-35 | Matthew 25:31-46
The first unit offers four lessons and highlights several aspects of what it means to be called by Jesus as a disciple. They include hospitality, counting the cost, reaching the lost, and salvation for all people.
Call to Ministry
2 Thessalonians 3:1-5; 2 John 411 | James 4:1-10 | Philippians 1:12-21 | Philippians 2:1-11 | Philippians 3:7-14
The five lessons in this unit explore the diverse ways in which Jesus' disciples were challenged to exercise their call to ministry: by witnessing to the gospel message; acting with loving kindness; sharing the Resurrection story; and making new disciples through preaching, teaching, and baptism.
The Spread of the Gospel
Psalm 48:1-3, 9-14 | Psalm 66 | Psalm 91:1-16
The four lessons in this unit begin with Paul's introduction of himself to the Jewish and Gentile Christians living in Rome. Paul affirms that the call to salvation is to Israel and to Gentiles. This call to salvation is a call to a life in the Spirit and involves a new life in Christ.
Hundreds of thousands of students and teachers use Adult Bible Studies each week in Sunday school classes, mid-week Bible studies, and other small group settings. Bible-based and Christ-focused, it is an approved resource by the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church. It is published quarterly.Each week's lesson features:
- A purpose statement offering focus and direction for the lesson.
- Printed biblical text from The Common English Bible.
- Reliable and relevant biblical explanation and application
- A closing prayer, guiding personal commitment.
Free Extras! All found at www.adultbiblestudies.com
Current Events Supplement
The free Current Events Supplement offers a way to connect each week's lesson to a timely event or topic in the news. The supplements can enhance all resources using the Uniform Series.
Register for the Forums at www.adultbiblestudies.com Bold, and you can post and read comments about the lessons from other readers.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Spring
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School