Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2017
Covenants With God
Genesis | Exodus | Numbers | 1 Samuel | 2 Samuel | Nehemiah | Jeremiah | Ezekiel | 1 Corinthians | Titus
This fall, lessons in Adult Bible Studies follow the theme, "Covenants With God" and consider the major covenants God made with people on behalf of the earth and the human community. Beginning with Noah, God promised benevolence toward creation. God made similar commitments with Abram, Phinehas, and Ezekiel. Ultimately, the covenant forms the foundation for the coming Messiah and salvation for the world. The student book writer is Rosanne Osborne. The writer for the teacher book is Tim Bryan.
Signs of God's Covenants
The four lessons in this unit, drawn from Genesis and Ezekiel, celebrate four signs of Gods covenant. Promising to renew the cycle of seasons, God created the rainbow as a permanent reminder of the covenant with every living thing. Circumcision was the sign of the covenant with Abraham, and the sabbath was the sign of the covenant with Israel at Mount Sinai. The last sign is the Spirit-filled heart.
Called Into Covenant With God
This five-lesson unit looks at the images of the reign of the resurrected Christ from the Letter to the Hebrews. These lessons help us understand Jesus as the imprint of God, the owner of a household, the great high priest, a priest forever, and the pioneer and perfecter of our faith.
An Everlasting Covenant
The final unit this quarter develops four lessons, drawn from Numbers, 1 Samuel, Jeremiah, Hebrews, and 1 Corinthians. These lessons examine the components of the covenant God made with the priest, Phinehas, and the divine promise to Israel through the prophet Jeremiah. The unconditional divine promises were to maintain a perpetual priesthood, forgive the unfaithful, and establish a new covenant with Israel. God sealed this covenant of pure grace through Christ as mediator and by writing the Law in the hearts of God's people.
Hundreds of thousands of students and teachers use Adult Bible Studies each week in Sunday school classes, mid-week Bible studies, and other small group settings. Bible-based and Christ-focused, it is an approved resource by the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church. It is published quarterly.Each week's lesson features:
- A purpose statement offering focus and direction for the lesson.
- Printed biblical text from The Common English Bible.
- Reliable and relevant biblical explanation and application
- A closing prayer, guiding personal commitment.
Free Extras! All found at www.adultbiblestudies.com
Free supplemental resources related to each lesson enhance teacher preparation and small group participation.
Current Events Supplement
The free Current Events Supplement offers a way to connect each week's lesson to a timely event or topic in the news. The supplements can enhance all resources using the Uniform Series.
Register for the Forums at www.adultbiblestudies.com Bold, and you can post and read comments about the lessons from other readers.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Fall
- Church & Supplies >> Sunday School >> Other Dated Curriculum >> Fall
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School