or checkout with
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Moon Best of Acadia National Park: Make the Most of One to Three Days in the Park - eBook
By: Hilary Nangle
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Moon Travel
Publication Date: 2023
Series: Travel Guide
Stock No: WW124942EB
Whether you're visiting the park for a day hike or spending a long weekend under the stars, escape to the great outdoors with Moon Best of Acadia National Park. Inside you'll find:
- Easy itineraries for one to three days in Acadia National Park, from a morning drive along the Park Loop Road, to a day hike on Cadillac Mountain, to a full weekend exploring the park
- The top hikes in Acadia: Whether you're looking to stretch your legs for a couple hours or challenge yourself to a full day hike, you'll find trailheads, detailed trail descriptions, individual maps, mileage, and elevation gains
- Can't-miss experiences: Make it the perfect getaway with the best views, picnic spots, and more. Embark on a whale-watching excursion or hike along the secluded rocky shore of Isle de Haut. Sea kayak at sunset, take a leisurely bike ride through fiery fall foliage, or marvel at the tide roaring through Thunder Hole
- Stunning full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- Essential planning tips: Find out when to go, where to stay, and what to pack, plus up-to-date information on entrance fees, reservations, and safety advice
- Expert insight from born-and-bred Mainer Hilary Nangle
Make the most of your adventure with Moon Best of Acadia National Park.
Planning a longer trip? Pick up Moon Maine. Visiting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to telland they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
When she tired of her parents asking when she was going to get a "real job," Hilary drew on her writing skills and began seeking out editorial work. She started out editing pro ski tour publications, then became a managing editor for a food trade publication and a features editor for a daily newspaper. Now, she freelances professionally for national magazines, newspapers, and websites.
Hilary never tires of exploring Maine, always seeking out the offbeat and quirky, and rarely resisting the invitation of a back road. To her husband's dismay, she inherited her grandmother's shopping gene and can't pass a used bookstore, artisans gallery, or antiques shop without browsing. She's equally curious about food and has never met a lobster she didn't like. Hilary still divides her year between the coast and the mountains, residing with her husband, Tom Nangle, and an oversized dog, both of whom share her passions for long walks and Maine-made ice cream.
"The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers budgetsfrom frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those whove fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, thatll teach you to embrace a new culture."Gear Patrol, The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."Los Angeles Times
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.