Add To Cart
|Title: ABC Book of Early Americana|
By: Eric Sloane
Number of Pages: 64
Vendor: Dover Publications
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.38 (inches)|
Weight: 7 ounces
Stock No: WW498089
Readers of all ages will delight in these illustrated and hand-lettered pages, which feature brief captions explaining the items' origins and uses. Gadgets, gizmos, and contraptions include foot stoves, used in churches and under the blankets of sleighs and stagecoaches, oil lamps fed by whale oil and kerosene, water-wheels, weathervanes, and windmills (first built in Virginia in 1621 — a century later, there were nearly 1,000). The craftsmanship of the nation's early builders and inventors is reflected in this finely wrought compilation of historical curiosities.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> ABC's & 123's >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> ABC's & 123's >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.