Add To Cart
|Title: A Writing Kind of Day|
By: Ralph Fletcher
Vendor: Boyds Mills Press
Weight: 2 pounds
Stock No: WW783530
lying on your back in the newest snow.
You move your arms like wings.
Later you forget about your creation,
go inside for a mug of hot chocolate.
That's when she rises from the snow
takes a feathery breath, tries out her wings.
So begins a poem about making a snow angel, but it might also refer to the mysterious way that a poem comes into being and takes on a life of its own. In this new collection, Ralph Fletcher shows us how you can write a poem about almost anything: a baby sister, a Venus's-flytrap, a failing grandmother, a squished squirrel, grammar homework, and more. These poems take us inside the creative process as they reveal both the playfulness and the power of poetry. More than anything, they invite us to pick up pen and paper and write some poems of your own.
"Many aspiring poets will see the reflection of their own creative spirits and aspirations in this lovely collection." --School Library Journal
"Sure to delight lovers of poetry and newcomers to the genre." --Library Media Connection
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Nursery Rhymes/Poetry
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Creative Writing
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Poetry
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Nursery Rhymes/Poetry
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.