- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2017
When it comes to women and work, there is often an "us-versus-them" mentality, dividing women according to the choices they make. Yet all women have a shared calling to work in a way that glorifies Godwhether it be in the office, home, ministry, or beyond.
In this eight-week study built around Katelyn Beatys A Womans Place book, groups will explore the idea of a womans work. The book contains profiles of eight women, considerations of Scripture, and reflections on the meaning of work. This study provides additional Bible study resources, journal prompts, and questions for reflection to help groups to move through Beatys message in a rich and meaningful way with an emphasis on Scripture and prayer. Through authentic discussion, women will be encouraged to affirm one another in their calling to engage in the holy act of work, regardless of their specific choices.
The Participant Guide contains an eight-week study that can be used alongside the trade book or as a standalone study resource. It includes chapter summaries, questions for reflection, contemplations of Scripture passages, and prayers.
Other components for the study, each available separately, include a Leader Guide and a DVD (with closed captioning) featuring eight sessions each approximately eight minutes long presenting Beaty and guest interviewees.
Katelyn Beaty is an editor at large at Christianity Today, where she previously served as the magazine's youngest and first female managing editor. She is the cofounder of Her.meneutics, a daily website covering news, cultural trends, and theology from the perspective of Christian women. A graduate of Calvin College, Katelyn lives outside Chicago, Illinois. Visit her online at katelynbeaty.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> DVD Studies >> Companion Study Guide >> Christian Living Guides
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Supplies >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Supplies >> Women's Ministry >> DVD Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry