or checkout with
A Reluctant Hero's Footsteps - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Reluctant Hero's Footsteps - eBook|
By: John Scales
Format: DRM Free ePub
Vendor: WestBow Press
|Publication Date: 2013|
Stock No: WW43001EB
In 2011, by chance I discovered the after-action reports of the 329th Infantry Regiment, my father’s World War II unit, on the Internet. An idea was born: use these to reconstruct my father’s path in Europe. I would take my three children, Richard, Mary, and Stephen, on a trip to retrace those footsteps. This book is about our travels, but it is much more. It documents the life of a man and his family, the history of a unit, and how, through research and luck, we were able piece together the story. As far as possible, I tell the tale of my father’s life with pictures and artifacts from that life. In parallel, I relate the history of the unit he joined in combat, inserting pictures where I can. In fitting all the records together with the trip itself, I discovered my father in new ways and built a memory for my children. In an appendix, I give you a guide as to how you can do this for your veterans as well.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Military History >> World War II
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.