Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Illustrated by Tasha Tudor with both full-color plates and pen-and-ink pictures, her illustrations bring the world of two little girls in 19th century London to life. 324 glossy pages, hardcover with dust jacket.
Publication Date: 1963
Dimensions: 6 1/4 X 9 1/4 (inches)
Sara Crewe seemed just like a real princess...
When Sara Crewe arrives at Miss Minchin's London boarding school, she seems just like a real little princess. She wears beautiful clothes, has gracious manners, and tells the most wonderful stories. Then one day, Sara suddenly becomes penniless. Now she must wear rags, sleep in the school's dreary attic, and work for her living. Sara is all alone, but keeps telling herself that she can still be a princess inside, if only she tries hard enough.
Frances Hodgson Burnett was a born storyteller. Even as a young child, her greatest pleasure was in making up stories and acting them out, using her dolls as characters. She wrote over forty books, including the classic A Little Princess, also illustrated by Tasha Tudor.
Tasha Tudor's detailed, delicate artwork has been cherished by millions of readers. She illustrated nearly one hundred books, and received multiple awards and honors, including two Caldecott Honors.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Children's Classics
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction