A Grammar of Old English - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
First published in 1992, A Grammar of Old English, Volume 1: Phonology was a landmark publication that in the intervening years has not been surpassed in its depth of scholarship and usefulness to the field. With the 2011 posthumous publication of Richard M. Hogg’s Volume 2: Morphology, Volume 1 is again in print, now in paperback, so that scholars can own this complete work.
- Takes account of major developments both in the field of Old English studies and in linguistic theory
- Takes full advantage of the Dictionary of Old English project at Toronto, and includes full cross-references to the DOE data
- Fully utilizes work in phonemic and generative theory and related topics
- Provides material crucial for future research both in diachronic and synchronic phonology and in historical sociolinguistics
The late Richard M. Hogg was Professor of English Language at the University of Manchester. He was the General Editor of the Cambridge History of the English Language and author, with C. B. McCully, of Metrical Phonology: A Coursebook (1987), and editor, with David Denison, of A History of the English Language (2008).
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Other Languages
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Foreign Languages
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Foreign Languages >> Languages >> Other Languages
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download