A Grammar of Old English - eBook
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
First published in 1992, A Grammar of Old English, Volume 1:Phonology was a landmark publication that in the interveningyears has not been surpassed in its depth of scholarship andusefulness to the field. With the 2011 posthumous publication ofRichard M. Hogg’s Volume 2: Morphology, Volume1 is again in print, now in paperback, so that scholars can ownthis complete work.
- Takes account of major developments both in the field of OldEnglish studies and in linguistic theory
- Takes full advantage of the Dictionary of OldEnglish project at Toronto, and includes fullcross-references to the DOE data
- Fully utilizes work in phonemic and generative theory andrelated topics
- Provides material crucial for future research both indiachronic and synchronic phonology and in historicalsociolinguistics
The late Richard M. Hogg was Professor of English Language at the University of Manchester. He was the General Editor of the Cambridge History of the English Language and author, with C. B. McCully, of Metrical Phonology: A Coursebook (1987), and editor, with David Denison, of A History of the English Language (2008).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Other Languages
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Foreign Languages
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Foreign Languages >> Languages >> Other Languages
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download