Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Family Apart - eBook|
By: Joan Lowery Nixon
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
|Publication Date: 2013|
Stock No: WW46721EB
FOR LOVERS OF HISTORICAL ADVENTURE, A FAMILY APART IS THE MIDDLE-GRADE ANSWER TO CHRISTINA BAKER KLINE'S NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING ORPHAN TRAIN.
Imagine being taken from your home. Imagine your mother is the one who lets it happen.
This is the fate that befalls the Kelly children. Its 1856, and their widowed mother has sent them west from New York City because shes convinced that she cant give them the life they deserve.
The Kellys board an "orphan train" and are taken to St. Joseph, Missouri, where their problems only grow worse. It was bad enough that they had to say goodbye to their mother, but now theyre forced to part ways with their fellow siblings as well. Thirteen-year-old Frances wont stand for it. Shes going to protect her brothers and sisters, even if it means dressing up like a boy and putting herself in danger.
Will Frances be able to save her siblings? And what about her momwas splitting up their family really her greatest act of love? Ride the rails with Frances and her siblings to find out!
"This is as close to a perfect book as youll buy this year." VOYA
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Teen Fiction >> Historical
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Teen Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.