Add To Cart
- Features reliable sketches of major Christian personalities of the first six centuries
- Describes the pricipal sects and heretics of early Christianity, including discussions of the theological tendencies of these opponents
- Analyzes the documents, creeds, and literature of the early church and its opponents
- Covers more than 600 years of church history in one convenient volume
|Title: A Dictionary of Early Christian Biography|
Number of Pages: 1040
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Weight: 3 pounds 2 ounces
Stock No: WW702691
Edwin M. Yamauchi, Marvin R. WilsonHendrickson Publishers / 2014 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$17.995 out of 5 stars for Antiquity, Volume 1: A-Da. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$29.95Save 40% ($11.96)
Jack FineganHendrickson Publishers / 2015 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$21.99
Retail Price$29.95Save 27% ($7.96)
David W. Bercot, ed.Hendrickson Publishers / 1998 / HardcoverOur Price$19.994.5 out of 5 stars for A Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs. View reviews of this product. 9 Reviews
Retail Price$34.95Save 43% ($14.96)
Mark WaterHendrickson Publishers / Trade PaperbackOur Price$13.994 out of 5 stars for Christian Book of Records. View reviews of this product. 6 Reviews
Retail Price$19.95Save 30% ($5.96)
Discover essential, reliable information on over 800 Christian personalities, groups, and literature to the end of the sixth century A.D. in this unique, concise volume.
It includes descriptions of the principal sects and heresies that challenged orthodox Christianity on several fronts during the early years. A remarkably comprehensive work, this volume evolved from the distinguished four-volume Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature. For anyone serious about the early church and the people who made indelible marks in its story, this is a fundamental resource.
• Features reliable sketches of major Christian personalities of the first six centuries.
• Analyzes the documents, creeds, and literature of the early church and its opponents.
• Describes the principal sects and heretics of early Christianity, including discussions of the theological tendencies of these opponents.
"This book should be in any pastor, scholar, teacher, professor, or student's library. It is a comprehensive guide to over 800 Christian personalities, groups, and literature from the time of Christ to the end of the sixth century, from Abercius to Zosimus....Buy and use this helpful reference book!"
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.