Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Confederate Girl's Diary - eBook|
By: Sarah Morgan Dawson
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
|Publication Date: 2014|
Stock No: WW71307EB
Documented during the American Civil War, A Confederate Girls Diary provides a thorough account of civilian life in Louisiana during and after the war through the diary entries of Sarah Morgan Dawson, who used her diary to record her thoughts and experiences from 1862 to 1865.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
American writer Sarah Morgan Dawson is best known for her Civil War diary, A Confederate Girl’s Diary. Born and raised in Louisiana, Dawson captured her thoughts and experiences of the Union occupation of her home state in diary entries from March 1862 to April 1865. After the death of her father, Dawson and her mother settled in South Carolina where she accepted an editorial position at a local newspaper, the News and Courier. Widowed in 1889, Dawson and her surviving son moved to Paris in 1899, where she continued to write until her death in 1909. Although Dawson had asked that her war-time diary be destroyed, her son published it posthumously in 1913.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Military History >> Civil War
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> US History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.