Add To Cart
A Companion to the Roman Republic
Add To Cart
|Title: A Companion to the Roman Republic|
By: Nathan Rosenstein(Eds.) & Robert Morstein-Marx(Eds.)
Number of Pages: 776
Publication Date: 2010
|Weight: 2 pounds|
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Stock No: WW334135
- Highlights recent developments, including archaeological discoveries, fresh approaches to textual sources, and the opening up of new areas of historical study
- Retains the drama of the Republic’s rise and fall
- Emphasizes not just the evidence of texts and physical remains, but also the models and assumptions that scholars bring to these artefacts
- Looks at the role played by the physical geography and environment of Italy
- Offers a compact but detailed narrative of military and political developments from the birth of the Roman Republic through to the death of Julius Caesar
- Discusses current controversies in the field
Robert Morstein-Marx is Professor of Classics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is the author of Hegemony to Empire: The Development of the Roman Imperium in the East (1995) and Mass Oratory and Political Power in the Late Roman Republic (2004).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.