- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
A comprehensive treatment of the significant symbols and institutions of Roman religion, this companion places the various religious symbols, discourses, and practices, including Judaism and Christianity, into a larger framework to reveal the sprawling landscape of the Roman religion.
- An innovative introduction to Roman religion
- Approaches the field with a focus on the human-figures instead of the gods
- Analyzes religious changes from the eighth century BC to the fourth century AD
- Offers the first history of religious motifs on coins and household/everyday utensils
- Presents Roman religion within its cultural, social, and historical contexts
Jörg Rüpke is Chair of Comparative Religion at the University of Erfurt and coordinator of the Priority Program of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft 1080 "Roman imperial and provincial religion". His recent books include Religion of the Romans (2001), Rituals in Ink (2004), Fasti Sacerdotum (2005), Religion and Law, ed. with Clifford Ando, (2006), Zeit und Fest (2006), and Religions Orientales (2006).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion