Add To Cart
|Title: A Companion to Plato|
By: Hugh H. Benson(Ed.)
Number of Pages: 496
Publication Date: 2009
|Weight: 2 pounds|
Series: Blackwell Companions to Philosophy
Stock No: WW191111
- Covers an exceptionally broad range of subjects from diverse perspectives
- Contributions are devoted to topics, ranging from perception and knowledge to politics and cosmology
- Allows readers to see how a position advocated in one of Plato’s dialogues compares with positions advocated in others
- Permits readers to engage the debate concerning Plato’s philosophical development on particular topics
- Also includes overviews of Plato’s life, works and philosophical method
Rachana Kamtekar, University of Arizona
"This is a valuable collection of essays from a distinguished cast of contributors. It should prove useful to a wide variety of readers."
Chris Bobonich, Stanford University
"This hefty volume differs from many anthologies on Plato in its comprehensiveness...The essays represent recent scholarship on Plato, with bibliographical references at the end of each essay to literature almost exclusively within the last 50 years...To a lover of Plato, another volume of essays on his thought is always welcome."
"A work avowedly for the philosopher and the student philosopher, but accessible too by other students, this will be a welcome addition in a wide range of libraries from undergraduate level upwards."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> History of Philosophy >> Ancient Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Philosophers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy >> Ancient Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Western Philosophy >> Philosophy