A Companion to Jane Austen - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Companion to Jane Austen - eBook|
By: Claudia L. Johnson(Ed.) & Clara Tuite(Ed.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
Stock No: WW27363EB
- Provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date array of Austen scholarship
- Functions both as a scholarly reference and as a survey of the most innovative speculative developments in the field of Austen studies
- Engages at length with changing contexts and cultures of reception from the nineteenth to the twenty-first centuries
Claudia L. Johnson is Chair of the Department of English at Princeton University. Her previous books include Jane Austen: Women, Politics, and the Novel (1988), Equivocal Beings: Politics, Gender and Sentimentality in the 1790s (1995), and The Cambridge Companion to Mary Wollstonecraft (2002), along with editions of Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park (1998), Sense and Sensibility (2002), and Northanger Abbey (2003). Her forthcoming works include Jane Austen’s Cults and Cultures, tracing permutations of “Jane mania” from 1817 to the present, and Raising the Novel, which explores modern efforts to create a novelistic canon by elevating novels to keystones of high culture.
Clara Tuite is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Melbourne. She is the author of Romantic Austen: Sexual Politics and the Literary Canon (2002, 2008), as well as several essays on Austen, and the co-editor, with Gillian Russell, of Romantic Sociability: Social Networks and Literary Culture in Britain, 1770-1840 (2002, 2006).
"This book would be a worthy addition to any university, school and even private library in a place where Austen is read and re-read." (Transnational Literature , May 2009)
"Austenites should be delighted with this comprehensive survey of contemporary Austen studies. [...] This should become a standard Austen reference. Highly recommended." (Choice, August 2009)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.