or checkout with
A Companion to Classical Receptions - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Companion to Classical Receptions - eBook|
By: Lorna Hardwick(Ed.) & Christopher Stray(Ed.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Stock No: WW22498EB
- Provides a comprehensive introduction and overview of classical reception - the interpretation of classical art, culture, and thought in later centuries, and the fastest growing area in classics
- Brings together 34 essays by an international group of contributors focused on ancient and modern reception concepts and practices
- Combines close readings of key receptions with wider contextualization and discussion
- Explores the impact of Greek and Roman culture worldwide, including crucial new areas in Arabic literature, South African drama, the history of photography, and contemporary ethics
Christopher Stray is Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Wales, Swansea. He is the author of Classics Transformed: Schools Universities, and Society in England 1830-1960 (1998), and editor of The Owl of Minerva (2005), Classical Books (2007) and Remaking the Classics (2007).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Ancient History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> World History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.