Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Companion to Ancient Macedonia - eBook|
By: Joseph Roisman(Ed.) & Ian Worthington(Ed.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Stock No: WW22454EB
- Features new, specially commissioned essays by leading and up-and-coming scholars in the field
- Examines the political, military, social, economic, and cultural history of ancient Macedonia from the Archaic period to the end of Roman period and beyond
- Discusses the importance of art, archaeology and architecture
- All ancient sources are translated in English
- Each chapter includes bibliographical essays for further reading
Ian Worthington is Curators Professor of History, Department of History, University of Missouri. He has written and edited numerous books and articles on Greek history, epigraphy and oratory, including Alexander the Great: Man and God (2004), The Blackwell Companion to Greek Rhetoric (ed., Wiley-Blackwell, 2006) and Philip II of Macedonia (2008).
"In this volume editor Roisman (classics, Colby College) and Worthington (history, U. of Missouri) have brought together work from an international roster of contributors. The lead article discusses the dramatic changes in scholarly emphasis of the last 30 years that have brought ancient Macedonia to the fore, in particular increased attention to the role played by Alexander the Great's father. Ten maps and a set of 28 plates support this well-organized collection of 27 contributed chapters. Like others in the publisher's Companions to the Ancient World series, this volume is intended primarily as an engaging resource for students new to the subject and scholars in related fields, and yet these "companions" are also useful for scholars within the fields under consideration who seek well-rounded, up-to-date references. Articles are specially commissioned to cover political, military, social, economic and cultural history, as well as material culture." (Reference and Research Book News, February 2011)"Overall, this Companion provides a lucid and comprehensive introduction to the study of ancient Macedonia." (The Anglo-Hellenic Review, 1 March 2011)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Ancient History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> World History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.