Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: A Companion to Ancient History - eBook|
By: Andrew Erskine(Ed.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
Stock No: WW38428EB
- Examines the forms of evidence, problems, approaches, and major themes in the study of ancient history
- Comprises more than 40 essays, written by leading international scholars
- Moves beyond the primary focus on Greece and Rome with coverage of the various cultures within the ancient Mediterranean
- Draws on the latest research in the field
- Provides an essential resource for any student of ancient history
“Yet, however unsatisfactory the definition of Ancient History may be (seen from the angle of an Assyriologist, an Egyptologist, or an Iranologist), the appearance of this well-edited, wide ranging and most interesting volume is a felicitous event, proving that under the reign of Wikipedia there is still need to replace the dethroned Pauly-Wissowa with general studies of the highest quality. Assyriologists, Egyptologists, and Iranologists will certainly find much useful material here for them as well.” (Scripta Classica Israelica, 2012)
"The quality of the presentation is high; maps, a timeline, and indices are provided and will be of help to new students of the discipline. (Bryn Mawr Classical Review, April 2010)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.