- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
- New, thoroughly revised edition of this essential MiddleEnglish textbook.
- Introduces the language of the time, giving guidance onpronunciation, spelling, grammar, metre, vocabulary and regionaldialects.
- Now includes extracts from ‘Pearl’ andChaucer’s ‘Troilus and Criseyde’.
- Bibliographic references have been updated throughout.
- Each text is accompanied by detailed notes.
Thorlac Turville-Petre is Professor of Medieval EnglishLiterature at the University of Nottingham. His previouspublications include England the Nation (1996) and ThePiers Plowman Electronic Archive, Vol. 2: Trinity College,Cambridge, MS B.15.19 (CD-ROM, 2000).
"Currently the most lucid and illuminating introduction to thelanguage of Middle English, with an excellent selection of literarytexts chosen and annotated to suggest the interest, sophistication,and variety of Middle English writing from the PeterboroughChronicle through the works of Chaucer and his contemporaries."Andrew Galloway, Cornell University