|The Word Made Flesh: A History of Christian Thought|
|Table of Contents|
|List of Illustrations. |
List of Maps.
Prelude: Flesh and Word.
1. The Christian Movement in the Second and Third Centuries.
2. Inclusions and Exclusions: The Fourth Century.
3. Fleshing Out the Word: Medieval Christianity East and West.
4. The Voice of the Pages: Incarnation and Hierarchy in the Medieval West.
5. Death and the Body in the Fourteenth-Century West.
6. The Suffering Body of Christ: The Fifteenth Century.
7. Re-forming the Body of Christ: The Sixteenth Century, Part I.
8. Reforming the Body of Christ: The Sixteenth Century, Part 2.
9. Rationalism and Religious Passion: The Seventeenth Century.
10. Keeping Body and Soul Together: Eighteenth-Century Christianity.
Postlude: The Word Made Flesh.
The contents on this page are copyrighted. Unlawful use of this content, without prior permission of both the copyright owner and/or the owner of this site, is illegal and punishable by law.