- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Using an approach similar to that in his book Parables from the Back Side, popular author J. Ellsworth Kalas brings a new perspective to selected Old Testament stories by approaching them from the back sidethrough a unique starting point, a creative retelling, a new lens, or the eyes of a minor or unsympathetic character.
Chapter titles and Scripture: The Second Sin (Genesis 3:1-13); The Importance of Naming Joseph (Genesis 30:22-24); Because My Mother Told Me (Exodus 2:1-10); Moses Midlife Crisis (Exodus 2:11-22); Patron Saint of the Minority Report (Numbers 13:1-3, 25-33); Tragic Son, Tragic Father (Judges 11:1-6, 30-35); Honey in the Lion (Judges 14:5-14); Beauty and the Beast (1 Samuel 25:2-42); A Refugee at the Kings Table (2 Samuel 9:1-13); In Defense of Jobs Wife (Job 2:1-10); Jonahs Christmas Story (Jonah 3:1-6, 10; Matthew 12:38-42); God Is Better Than His Plans (Ruth 1:1-5; 4:13-17).
Includes 12 Sessions with a study guide.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Collected Sermons