- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
But Michael Faraday also suffered from a disorder known as dyslexia. This meant that he had difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols. Faraday however, overcame this problem to become one of the greatest public lecturers in history. The interesting thing is that alongside all the amazing discoveries and brilliant experiments there was something more important in Michael's life. He deeply loved and followed the Lord Jesus. On one occasion after a brilliant public lecture he had given at the Royal Institution, the house "rocked" with enthusiastic applause. The Prince of Wales rose to congratulate the great Professor. The thunders of applause however, were followed by a strange silence. Everybody waited for Michael Faraday's reply, but the lecturer had vanished! Where was he? Faraday had slipped away to a prayer meeting.
Faraday believed that his great purpose in life was to read, as he put it, "the book of nature...written by the finger of God." Few people in history have read that book more accurately and applied it more helpfully. Recommended for ages 9 to 14.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Focus
Publication Date: 2011
jose luisCarson,Ca.Age: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5awesome for kids sprouting their roots in christSeptember 12, 2011jose luisCarson,Ca.Age: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is verrrrry good in sharing what other authors are ashamed to share,the side of Christ that a scientist may have.Michael Faraday really was a solid scientist and most importantly an awesome light for kids to learn about!!Read the back cover on the site and you'll see what I mean!!Enjoy
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Church History
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Biography
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.