Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.00 (inches)|
Series: Rose Bible Reference Books
This easy-to-read full color handbook gives you a big-picture view of the Bible to set you up for a lifetime of Bible learning. Quickly get a firm grasp of key Bible foundations that will give you a clearer understanding of God and his Word than ever before! Get an overview of all 66 books of the Bible, find out key information on over 100 Bible people, quickly navigate through Bible history, and more. Features over 200 charts, time lines, maps, and pictures. 256 pp, trade paperback, 7 x 9.5 inches.
Understanding the Bible has never been easier! Whether it's your first time picking up the Bible or you read it cover to cover every year, the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible will have you looking at the Bible with fresh eyes in moments! In just 9 illustrated chapters, explore:
Introduction to the Bible
- A Quick Overview of the Bible (Including Bible reliability)
- A Time Line of Bible History
- Jesus throughout the Bible (See how the Old Testament points to Christ)
Essentials of the Bible
- Basic Bible Geography (Includes topographical maps)
- Overview of 100 People and Characters in the Bible
- A Simple Overview of the 66 Bible Books (and study tips)
Why Study the Bible?
- Jesus' Life and Teachings
- Heaven, Hell, and Eternity
- The 8 Major Themes in the Bible—Salvation in Christ, Living by Faith, God's Sovereignty, and more!
You know it's important to read God's Word: we read the Bible to get to know the Author himself, but it's an intimidating book! With 66 books and around 800,000 words, the Bible is massive and complicated with history, names, and events. Where do you start? How should you read some of the miraculous events and interesting characters? The Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible answers these questions and many more! Tap into the incredible depth and wonder of God's Word with every page of the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible.
What makes the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible unique?
Unlike other Bible guides and commentaries, the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible tells you everything you need to know using clear summaries, easy-to-read overviews, maps, charts, and time lines. Several key features make the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible the clear and easy choice—
- Simple, easy-to-use format
- Highly visual (includes over 200 charts, time lines, maps, and pictures)
- Full color (it makes an attractive gift!)
- Convenient index for quick reference
- Flexible—start anywhere in any order
Get refreshed by these easy-to-read overviews of key aspects of the Bible as you turn the pages of Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible.
Includes Over 200 Pictures, Maps, Charts, and Time lines!
Detailed Maps That Help Put the Bible into Context
Includes full-colored, labeled maps that show—
- The Middle East with the Kingdoms of Babylon, Assyria, Canaan, and more!
- The lands the Israelites passed through to get to the Promised Land
- Israel and Jerusalem in Jesus' time
- The cities and countries where Paul traveled
Dozens of Charts and Diagrams that Show Key Information at a Glance
- Books of the Bible grouped by era and theme
- 37 parables of Jesus with each lesson and references
- 13 Comparisons of Genesis and Revelation that Reveal God's Redemption
- and more!
Time Lines That Cover Over 140 Bible and World Events
This full-color, illustrated time line covers major biblical and world events side by side such as—
- The fall of Judah and rebuilding of the Temple (same era as Confucius)
- King David's reign at the same time as the Mayan dynasties of Central America
- The first Olympic games were recorded during the time of Jonah
- and much more!
Self-Guided Tour of the Bible is fully indexed, making it an incredibly useful quick-reference resource!
Here's its Table of Contents:
- Diving In: A Quick Overview of the Bible
- Getting Your Bearings: Basic Bible Geography
- Grasping the Story: A Time Line of Bible History
- Meeting the Characters: A Who's Who of Bible People
- Exploring the Content: A Breakdown of Bible Books
- Getting to the Heart of the Bible: Jesus' Life and Teachings
- Connecting the Dots: Jesus throughout the Bible
- Peeking into the Future: Heaven, Hell, and Eternity
- Summarizing the Message: Major Themes in the Bible