Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the BoardBethany Hamilton, Sheryl Berk, Rick BundschuhMTV Books / 2006 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$16.00Save 25% ($4.01)
Imagine That! Devotions for Teens by TeensConcordia Publishing House / 2004 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:
$10.99Save 23% ($2.50)
After an obstacle-filled childhood and school years, Dr. Carson discovered these eight principles to help you overcome obstacles as you work toward achieving your dreams.
World-renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson has led an amazing life. A life in which he has earned incredible success. But starting out from when he was young through his time as a student, his life was filled with incredible obstacles: His father leaving the family; being considered stupid by his classmates in grade school; growing up in inner-city Detroit; and having a violent temper.
But Dr. Carson didn't let his circumstances control him, and instead discovered eight principles that helped shape his future.
In You Have a Brain: A Teens Guide to Think Big, Dr. Carson unpacks the eight important parts of Thinking BigTalent, Honesty, Insight, being Nice, Knowledge, Books, In-Depth learning, and Godand presents the stories of people who demonstrated those things in his life. By applying the idea of T.H.I.N.K. B.I.G. to your life, and by looking at those around you as well, you too can overcome any obstacles and achieve your dreams.
You Have a Brain:
- Includes discussion questions at the back of the book
- Unpacks the eight essential parts of Thinking Big: Talent, Honesty, Insight, Strong People Skills, Knowledge, Books, In-Depth Learning, and God
- Is written by Dr. Ben Carson, a world-renowned neurosurgeon, former presidential candidate, and current Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Teaches great life lessons for boys and girls ages 13 and up
- Is the perfect gift for high school and college graduations, birthdays, and confirmations, and a great addition to book clubs and study groups
Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., M.D., became the chief of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1984 at the age of 33, making him the youngest major division director in the hospital's history. He has written and published nine books, four of which were co-authored with Candy, his wife of 40 years. Dr. Carson was the recipient of the 2006 Spingarn Medal. In June 2008, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. U.S. News Media Group and Harvard's Center for Public Leadership recognized Dr. Carson as one of "America's Best Leaders" in 2008. In 2014, the Gallup Organization, in their annual survey, named Dr. Carson as one of the 10 Most Admired Men in the World.
Dr. Carson and his wife are co-founders of the Carson Scholars Fund, which recognizes young people of all backgrounds for exceptional academic and humanitarian accomplishments. In addition, Dr. Carson is now the Honorary National Chairman of the My Faith Votes campaign and continues to work tirelessly for the cause of the American people.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth