7 Myths about Singleness - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
While singleness is often widely misunderstood by many in the church today and often viewed in negative terms, the Bible speaks about it very differently. This book sets forth a positive vision of singleness by responding to 7 common misconceptions, such as the notion that singleness is too hard, requires a special spiritual gift, is a hindrance to ministry, or is a waste of sexuality. Addressed to the church as a whole and written by a single pastor, 7 Myths about Singleness will help readers better understand, support, and empower the singles around them to contribute to the flourishing of the church as a whole.
|Title: 7 Myths about Singleness - eBook|
By: Sam Allberry
Format: DRM Free ePub
|Publication Date: 2019|
Stock No: WW102274EB
If marriage shows us the shape of the gospel, singleness shows us its sufficiency.
Much of what we commonly assume about singlenessthat it is primarily about the absence of good things like intimacy, family, or meaningful ministryis either flat-out untrue or, at the very least, shouldnt be true. To be single, we often think, is to be alone and spiritually hindered.
But the Bible paints a very different picture of singleness: it is a positive gift and blessing from God. This book seeks to help Christiansmarried and unmarried alikevalue singleness as a gift from God so that we can all encourage singles to take hold of the unique opportunities their singleness affords and see their role in the flourishing of the church as a whole.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics >> Singleness/Celibacy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Single Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.