It's never too soon to start preparing for the SAT and ACT. From the experts at The Princeton Review, this book helps ambitious 7th, 8th, and 9th graders build the critical reading skills they need to succeed on both tests and beyond!
Whether or not you like it, the truth is that scoring well on standardized tests is undeniably important in today's academic environment. The SAT and ACT verbal portions test important reading comprehension skills that many students are unprepared foror need extra help with.
In this book, The Princeton Review brings you a focused, strategic approach to improving crucial reading skills for both exams. Inside, you'll find:
A Strategic Approach to Sharpening Your Skills
• Zero in on specific wording to unlock hidden info
• Pinpoint the primary purpose of reading passages
• Analyze source texts, brainstorm, and compose your essays to best effect
Fun, Engaging Activities and Drills
• Identify the "puzzle pieces" that make up words
• Decpiher unfamiliar vocabulary with context clues
• Tackle practice SAT and ACT essay prompts
This book has been specially formatted for on-screen viewing with cross-linked questions, answers, and explanations.