1 & 2 Kings: NIV Application Commentary [NIVAC] -eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The NIV Application Commentary Series helps bring both halves of the interpretive task together. This unique, award-winning series shows readers how to bring an ancient message into our postmodern context. It explains not only what the Bible meant but also how it speaks powerfully today.
|Title: 1 & 2 Kings: NIV Application Commentary [NIVAC] -eBook|
By: August H. Konkel
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2010
Series: NIV Application Commentary
Stock No: WW3859EB
The NIV Application Commentary helps you communicate and apply biblical text effectively in today's context.
To bring the ancient messages of the Bible into today's world, each passage is treated in three sections:
- Original Meaning. Concise exegesis to help readers understand the original meaning of the biblical text in its historical, literary, and cultural context.
- Bridging Contexts. A bridge between the world of the Bible and the world of today, built by discerning what is timeless in the timely pages of the Bible.
- Contemporary Significance. This section identifies comparable situations to those faced in the Bible and explores relevant application of the biblical messages. The author alerts the readers of problems they may encounter when seeking to apply the passage and helps them think through the issues involved.
This unique, award-winning commentary is the ideal resource for today's preachers, teachers, and serious students of the Bible, giving them the tools, ideas, and insights they need to communicate God's Word with the same powerful impact it had when it was first written.
The NIV Application Commentary Series doesn't fool around: it gets right down to business, brining this ancient and powerful word of God into the present so that it can be heard and believed with all the freshness of a new day, with all the immediacy of a friend's embrace.
The NIV Application Commentary Series helps pastors and Bible teachers with one the most neglected elements in good preaching--accurate, useful application. Most commentaries tell you a few things that are helpful and much that you do not need to know. By dealing with the original meaning and contemporary significance of each passage, the NIV Application Commentary Series promises to be helpful all the way around.
James Montgomery Boice
Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
This series promises to become an indispensable tool for every pastor and teacher who seeks to make the Bible's timeless message speak to this generation.
Here, at last, is a commentary that makes the proper circuit from the biblical world to main street. The NIV Application Commentary is magnificent gift to the church.
College Church, Wheaton, IL
Here at last is a commentary which is not only academically well informed but which helps the contemporary reader hear God's word and consider its implications; scholarship in the service of the church.
If you want to avoid hanging applicational elephants from interpretive threads, then the NIV Application Commentary Series is for you. This series excels at both original meaning and contemporary significance. I support it one hundred percent.
Howard J. Hendricks,
Dallas Theological Seminary
This is the pulpit for the 21st Century
George K. Brushaber,
President, Bethel College & Seminary
It takes more than interpretation of God's word to change lives, it takes application. Application is the bottom line in teaching and preaching. Without it, we've missed the point of the Bible. The NIV Application Commentary is an outstanding resource for pastors and anyone else who is serious about developing "doers of the word".
The NIV Application Commentary Series shares the same goal that has been the passion of my own ministry--communicating God's word to a contemporary audience so that they feel the full impact of its message.
Willow Creek Community Church
This series dares to go where few scholars have gone before--into the real life world of biblical application faced by pastors and teachers everyday. This is everything a good commentary series should be.
Pastor, Wooddale Church
Some commentaries build walls that isolate you back in the ancient world. The NIV Application Commentary builds bridges that make the Bible come alive with meaning for contemporary life--and the series do so concisely, clearly, and accurately. No wasted words or academic detours--just solid help and practical truth.
Warren W. Weirsbe
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Kings
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Kings
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Kings
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Kings
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Kings
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Kings
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.