Add To Cart
|Title: 101 Surprising Facts about Mary|
By: David Meconi
Number of Pages: 120
Vendor: Tan Books
Publication Date: 2020
|Dimensions: 10.90 X 8.40 X 0.40 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 1 ounce
Stock No: WW5116144
Yet the poets also call her "the woman wrapped in silence."
What lies between these two extremes?
Unpack the mystery that is the Mother of God, a woman who barely speaks in scripture and yet is venerated by millions. In this latest installment of TAN Books 101 Surprising Facts series, youll discover:
- The term "full of grace" has profound theological implications
- A miraculous snowfall during a sweltering Roman summer led to the construction of a prominent Marian landmark
- One hymn to the Blessed Virgin forbids sitting while it is being sung
- Many different kinds of flowers take their name from Mary
- Dominicans hang rosaries from their hips to emulate medieval soldiers who donned swords in the same place
- The Sistine Chapel is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception
- A vision of Mary consoled the Irish in the aftermath of the great potato famine
- The Mississippi River and the city of Los Angeles had names that were once tied to Our Lady
- …and more!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.