The Largest Collection of Successful College Application Essays Available in One Volume
These are the essays that helped their authors gain admission to Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Wellesley, Pomona, and other outstanding schoolsfollowed by invaluable comments by experts in admissions, placement, and college counseling at some of the best learning institutions around the country. This helpful guide includes:
• 100 complete essays with professional commentary
• Examples of essays on common topics (family background, athletics, work experience), as well as the more offbeat
• Essays on the immigrant experience by foreign-born students
• A section of drawing and cartoon essays
• Insider advice from a Princeton Dean of Admission
• And more
Compiled by members of The Harvard Independent, the weekly newsmagazine of Harvard University, this revised and updated edition is an invaluable resource for students who want to write the best possible essayand improve their chances of admission to the best possible school.
The Harvard Independent, founded in 1969, is Harvard Universitys undergraduate weekly newspaper. It is the oldest university newspaper in America, and the oldest weekly newspaper in Cambridge.